Unlike the classic French braid, the fishtail braid is sophisticated, chic and even easier to do. That’s the reason why the cool and fabulous fishtail braid is a red carpet favorite of Blake Lively.
Since 2012, Blake Lively began to flaunt her gorgeous fishtail braid on the red carpet.
Even in her daily life, the fishtail braid is one of her go-to looks.
1. A flat brush
Tip: This will help to smooth your hair and get prepared.
3. Two hair elastics
Tip: Use elastics that match the color of your hair.
1. Blow dry your hair to make it super smooth.
2. Create a low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
3. Make space above the elastic and put the ponytail inside the space to hide the elastic.
4. Separate the hair into two sections.
5. Take a small subsection of the hair and cross it over to the other side.
6. Then take another small subsection from the opposite section and cross over the first section.
7. Repeat this process until all your hair is braided.
8. Secure with an elastic.
9. Flatten out the braid by tugging at different strands.
10. Finish off with hairspray to keep your look. You’re done!
1. A lively slip dress
2. A black and white striped skirt
3. A lace slip dress
4. A simple cowboy shirt
5. A long-sleeved shirt + a ballet dress + a pair of black high heels
The fishtail braid has become a go-to for stylish women who are trying to do something special with their hair – whether they’re headed to the office or a music festival. So, start to create one for yourself now!